Three main parts of an electric car design are mentioned below:
An electric car’s battery can be charged using ordinary grid electricity at a dedicated power station. Types of Battery are:
- Lithium Battery – His battery technology adds to the performance and range of his device. It does, though, come at the most expensive expense. Lead-acid and nickel metal batteries are heavier than lithium-ion batteries. Digital cameras and devices use these batteries as well.
- Nickel Metal Hydride Battery – This battery technology has a higher output and greater performance than lead-acid batteries, but it is much more expensive.
- Lead Acid Battery – This is the most widely used battery system. It’s still the most affordable battery technology. It is 97 percent recyclable, which is a plus.
- Motor Controller
An electric car’s motor controller is in charge of the vehicle’s entire operation and power delivery at any given time. Both the engine and the batteries serve like a floodgate.
It monitors and controls all key performance metrics, including the vehicle’s operator, engine, battery, and accelerator pedal. Some more refined controllers can achieve higher precision and hence performance.
- Electric Engine
The voltage in your car’s battery determines whether or not you can go for an electric motor. They can be set up to run on either AC or DC power. As compared to DC generators, AC motors are less expensive and smaller. AC technology, on the other hand, necessitates a more refined or complex motor controller.
Benefits of Electric Car Vehicle
Electric vehicles (EVs) have many advantages over traditional gasoline or diesel vehicles are;
- Cheaper to Run: The cost of charging an electric car is about 40% less than the cost of gasoline for a comparable-sized vehicle traveling the same distance.
- Cheaper to Register: The Queensland government offers a rebate on stamp duty when purchasing an electric vehicle, as well as continuing registration discounts.
- Cheaper to Maintain: A battery electric vehicle (BEV) has fewer moving parts than a gasoline or diesel vehicle. Compared to a petrol or diesel engine, servicing is comparatively easy, less frequent, and overall less expensive.
- Better for Energy Security: Electric vehicles are simple to power with local and green energies, reducing our reliance on international oil.
- Better for our Health:Reductions in toxic exhaust emissions are beneficial to our environment. Better air quality would result in fewer health issues and costs associated with air emissions.
The advancement made in the electric car industry in recent years is not only welcome but critical in light of rising global greenhouse gas levels. Since electric vehicles generate no pollutants and produce less noise, their increased usage would result in healthier, quieter cities and towns, thus improving quality of life.